Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Full Circle

I read this book by Danielle Steele – Full Circle – if you haven’t read it – then, it is about a lady’s life and how it goes a full circle. I don’t remember the details now, but something that happened last weekend, made me feel like my life had gone a full circle too!

As a kid, growing up with my sister and parents… we would go out in the car on weekends. So my dad, sister and I would get ready and go to the car. We were between 5 and 8 years old. We would wait for my mom in the car and she would collect everything we needed for the day and lock the windows and doors and come out later than us. (And this happened almost every time we went out together J )

While we would wait in the car, my dad would start the engine and say “Oh ho… Amma is taking too much time I am going to leave now” and then rev up the engine like he was really going to leave! I remember so clearly how desperate my sister and I would get – sitting in the back seat. “nooo… don’t leave without her… she is coming! She is coming!!”. And my dad would continue to pull our legs – take the car forward a few feet and pretend like he wasn’t going to wait anymore!! Am sure he was smiling all along!!

Last weekend, we were going to the grocery store and only after my son was in his seat in the car I realized I had forgotten his water bottle at home. So I rushed back home to get it. What do I see when I come back..?

S is saying “Mama is not coming quickly – I am leaving!! “ And Y (my son) is saying “ Nooo Papa – wait for mama… she is coming”… and I can see the concern in his eyes and voice! He was so worried!! It felt like déjà vu! Only it was my son in my place and me in my mother’s and S in my dad’s!

I went into the car smiling to myself! It’s funny how the same jokes get repeated generation after generation!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely narration...I enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa cool akhila, good beginning, good decision, congrats.
    The presentation is really really good. Continue to write, all the best.
    'Full Circle' has come out truely well. I am also experiencing it in our dialy life !!!
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Loved the post and was picturing this all along. Pull Yash's cheeks from my side :) we written khi!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. abandoned kingdom.. am waiting to see some signs of life here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe :) have run out of ideas... pretty quickly huh!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive